Our House breaks the chains of homelessness by providing quality early childhood education and comprehensive support services for families who are experiencing homelessness. Through housing support, family services, employment training, and early childhood education for infants through pre-school, Our House offers children and families experiencing homelessness the tools, support, and education they need to thrive. By tackling homelessness at its source, they help the generation experiencing homelessness today, and break the cycle for those most likely to experience it tomorrow. They serve Pre-K students aged 4‑5 who are experiencing homelessness or transitioning from homelessness.
- They are interested in working with clay, or are very open to any experiences that are age- appropriate.
- There will be approximately 14-‑22 students per program.
- They suggest the project theme: “To learn to work together with friends and show respect for one another." The project must also fit within one or more of the Paint Love themes: A) Loving/respecting yourself, B) Loving/respecting others, C) Seeking and strengthening positive relationships, and D) Investing in your community.
Projects with Our House will take place mid‑June through the 2nd week of July
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years old (high school students must volunteer with an adult), have a background check on file with Paint Love and completed background check through Our House
- Our House has some children who cannot be photographed. Unless there is explicit permission granted from Our House staff, volunteers may not take or post photos of the students’ faces or names.