Students from area high school will be participating in team and individual art challenges at the High Museum.
1) Combine 2 -Head into the gallery and pick out 2 artworks, then combine them into one composition by drawing, painting, collaging, etc.
2) Architecture Photography- Walk around the museum and Woodruff Arts Center Campus and photograph the buildings- bring your unique perspective. Choose your best photo to be judged.
3) Clay Cultural Edifices – Using clay, create a highly detailed building inspired by a culture of your choice.
4) Balance Collages- Using the provided magazines, create an interesting, highly detailed collage that exhibits balance.
1) Cardboard Classroom- Teams will work quickly to re-create their art classroom using just cardboard.
2) Clay Mascot Bust- Teams will work to create a bust of their school’s mascot.
3) Drawing Rotation- Each team member will be given a sheet of paper, all members will draw for 3 minutes then pass their paper to the right, teammates will draw 2x on each paper. In the last 15 minutes the teams will collage the 5 drawings together into one composition.
4) Cut Paper PSA Posters- Work as a team to create a poster using only cut construction paper. Your poster should bring attention to any social justice issue. (Immigration, BLM, Me Too, NFL kneeling, etc.)
Note: This is not a Paint Love organized event and there is an entry fee to get into the High.
Check out last year's Southside Showdown here.
Organized by Langston Hughes High School, a Title 1 Fulton County school in Lilburn, GA.
Want to join the fun?