The mission of the Ronald McDonald House Charities is to nurture the health and wellbeing of children and families. The ARMHC serves families with ill and injured children receiving medical care nearby. Their Houses are built on the simple idea that nothing else should matter when a family is focused on the health of their child – not where they can afford to stay, where they will get their next meal or where they will lay their head at night to rest. They believe that when a child is hospitalized, the love and support of family is as powerful as the strongest medicine prescribed. But their services do more than keep families close during a child’s medical crisis.
They help reduce stress and financial burden, improve quality of sleep and quality of life, establish a network of support to help cope, and provide peace of mind knowing that the hospital and their child is nearby. They serve children birth-21 that are facing some sort of health battle, and their families.
They would love Paint Love to provide a fun and therapeutic outlet for their families after a long day at the Hospital.
- There will be approximately 15 individuals (children/family members) involved in each program
- They are open to project ideas, but the project must fit within one or more of the Paint Love themes. Paint Love’s themes are the following: A) Loving/respecting yourself, B) Loving/respecting others, C) Seeking and strengthening positive relationships, and D) Investing in your community.
- Events with the Atlanta Ronald McDonald House can take place Monday through Thursday from 7-8 pm
- All volunteers must be 9 years old or older as long as they are with an adult and have a background check on file with Paint Love
- Volunteers must wear Pants and modest tops and must check with the staff member on site about any photos taken and the ability to post or share those photos.