Valentine’s Day gets a bad rap for being all about diamonds and expensive restaurants, but we know our artist community is probably craving something a little more hands on. Get your glue guns ready, here are 7 super fun crafts you can do this weekend to celebrate the day with your valentines.
1. Create a wall of paper hearts like textile artist, Jessica Jones. Super easy, super statement making.
2. Crochet your way to a happy Valentine’s Day with this crochet heart garland from Molly Dunham featured on Design*Sponge:
3. This one, featured on Oh Happy Day, doubles as an awesome a Valentine’s Day card. Wow your Valentine with a message of your own that they can hang up!
4. Create these beautiful letters with yarn. You can spell out “love” (like in The Sister’s example) or make some in the same letter as your valentine’s name.
5. So this is probably more of a recipe than a craft, but, I mean… chocolate.
6. You can create just about anything from paint chips. Check out these awesome crafts from Brit + Co:
7. Grab a heat gun (or high powered hair dryer), some crayons, and a glue gun like the students at Kate's Club and make your own encaustic heart: